The Gitane line of "Django" Gypsy Jazz Guitars includes both Maccaferri and Selmer Style guitars comprising both the most complete and most authentic offering in the marketplace.
Fans of Gypsy Jazz guitar, plus guitar aficionados of every stripe will applaud Saga's re-introduction of the classic Maccaferri-style with the D-500. All measurements and construction features were taken directly from a rare, original 1932 Selmer Maccaferri guitar to create the highest quality, most affordable, reissue ever offered. These well built, tuneful instruments are not only visually and structurally accurate in their details but with the first strum or blazing run, you will know that it also has the characteristic barky twang and cutting mid-range that truly defines Gypsy Jazz.
- Gitane D-500 gypsy jazz Guitar. Solid spruce top, rosewood back and sides, oval soundhole, flat cutaway, slotted headstock.
- Solid spruce top
- Rosewood back and sides
- Ebony/maple body binding
- Characteristic large “D” soundhole
- High-gloss finish with aging toner for vintage look
- Bound mahogany neck with 21-fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearl position dots
- Bone nut and traditional "zero" fret
- Dovetail neck/body joint
- Thin, comfortable, bound mahogany neck
12-fret neck joint
- Extended 24-fret ebony fingerboard
Scale 25 1/4" (listed as 25.5" in some spec sheets)
- Nut width 1 7/8”
Body 18 1/2” - Lower bout 16” - Upper bout 11 1/4”
- Horizontal cutaway
- Slotted headstock with rosewood overlay
- Moustache bridge with, a compensated, movable center
Geared 14:1 ratio, gold-plated, slotted peghead tuning
- Adjustable truss rod
- Trapeze tailpiece accepting either ball or loop ends