Melville 000 Standard Blackwood - Handmade - Pre-LovedC-2671
Melville 000 Standard Blackwood - Handmade - Pre-Loved
This is a rare chance to own a guitar built by highly respected Australian Luthier Chris Melville. Chris’s guitars are sought after around the world and played by the likes of acoustic guitar legends Tommy Emmanuel & Tony McManus. This is a 000 model in near mint condition and is easily one of the best acoustic guitars we've had through the shop. The neck feels effortless; slim, but still with enough body that it sits perfectly in the hand. Despite being a slightly smaller 000 size, the body projects like a much larger guitar, with incredible articulation and response. Truly a one-off instrument.
Comes in a hard case.
From Chris's website:
This size guitar is often referred to as a 000, an OM or a Grand Concert and has traditionally been very popular with finger-style players. Whether soloists or songwriters or both. It’s a comfortable guitar to use while either standing or sitting and is ideal for smaller players who don’t wish to sacrifice too much bottom end response for the sake of manageability. My Standard 000 is a guitar that has a truly balanced and rich tone, yet with a large dynamic range and effortless power. This is a guitar that will never feel stiff or resistant under the right or left hand and responds easily to the lightest or heaviest attack.
As a ‘Standard’ model they are built to be highly competent in both altered and concert pitch tunings. My standard wide Finger-style neck has a “slim/fast” profile to facilitate easy and effortless playability. A handmade carbon fibre reinforced truss rod system adds exceptional stability and strength.
- Soundboard: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides: Australian Blackwood
- Rosette: New Zealand Paua shell
- Binding: Ebony
- Purflings: Black, white, black, white lines
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany.
- Truss Rod: Adjustable with carbon fibre reinforcement
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretboard binding: Ebony with a maple dividing line
- Bridge: Ebony
- Scale length: 25.5 inch
- Machine heads: Gotoh 510 series in gold
- Nut & Saddle: Highly polished bone. The saddle is accurately compensated for each string
- Finish: High-quality Nitrocellulose Lacquer, hand rubbed between coats to produce a thin but durable coating and polished to a high gloss