Cole Clark Long Lady LLB5-RD 5-String Bass - RedwoodEDWOODCCLLB5-RD
Cole Clark Long Lady LLB5-RD 5-String Bass - RedwoodEDWOOD
NOTE: This is a brand new instrument with a minor timber mark on the top around the body curve. Please see the photos for reference. The price has been reduced by $100 to reflect this. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us!
The long awaited Cole Clark Kennedy Basses have arrived! Crafted by master Australian luthier Neil Kennedy, in conjunction with Cole Clark Guitars here in Melbourne, each of these basses are unique and play like a dream.
Fitted with Aguilar electronics, the preamp features an active/passive push-pull switch, pickup blend, vintage tone circuit (which operates in active or passive mode) and a three way EQ with a switchable mid frequency between 400Hz and 800Hz. These basses are some of the most versatile active basses on the market with an incredible range of tonal options.
Neck through construction combined with a string through body and high mass bridge results in incredible sustain, while the brass nut gives piano-like clarity and punch.
The Long Lady is a beautiful hand-crafted bass with boutique vibe, and represents the final result of Neil and the Cole Clark team's efforts over many years.
- Made entirely from sustainably sourced timbers
- Nut width: 45mm
- String spacing at bridge: 18mm
- Fingerboard radius: 305mm (12 inch)
- Scale length: 35”
- Number of frets: 24
- Neck: 3 piece Queensland Maple with carbon fibre and 2 way truss rod
- Fingerboard Wood: River She Oak
- Body wood: Bunya pine with cap of Californian Redwood
- Colours: Clear
- Tuners: Grover
- Bridge: Gotoh
- Knobs: Domed Knurled
- Pickups: Aguilar Super Double dual coil humbucker
- EQ: Aguilar OBP3 18 volt – The OBP-3 is Aguilar’s most flexible on-board preamp design, providing +/-18dB of cut and boost at 40Hz, +/- 16dB of cut and boost at either 400Hz or 800Hz and +/- 16dB of treble cut and boost at 6.5 kHz.
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Nickle 45, 65, 85, 105, 130
- Controls: There are six control knobs in two rows of three.
- The first knob controls Volume by turning and the active/passive mode with a push/pull switch. Pulling with switch up changed the circuit to passive mode.
- The second knob is is the Pickup Blend control. On the centre position, the sound is generated from both pickups. As the control is rotated clockwise, the sound progressively shifts to the neck pickup and similarly, to the bridge pickup when rotated anti-clockwise.
- The last knob is the Vintage Tone control. This allows high frequency tone roll off and works in both active and passive modes.
- These three knobs are Treble, Mids and Bass EQ. These knobs only work in active mode. The Mid control is fitted with a push/pull switch to change the mid frequency between 400Hz and 800Hz.