In 2010, for the first time ever, the original iRig allowed guitar and bass players to plug into their iPhone and use their mobile device to play, practice and record with apps like IK's AmpliTube, Apple’s GarageBand and thousands more.
iRig 2 builds upon the success of its predecessor by introducing essential new features — like adjustable input gain, cross-platform compatibility and a 1/4" amplifier output — that will once again revolutionize the way you make your music while on the go.
Now everyone can plug in their guitar, bass or other instrument and enjoy killer tone on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Samsung Professional Audio device — with the release of iRig 2, the world’s most popular guitar interface is now better than ever before.
Plug and play simplicity on every device
If you loved iRig's versatility, you'll love iRig 2's new adjustable gain dial, which works with its built-in 1/8" TRRS output connector to give you a true plug-and-play experience with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Samsung Professional Audio compatible Android device.
Volume levels vary from instrument to instrument and from device to device. And while the original iRig provided superior sound, it was limited in that you were unable to customize the input gain level to your particular setup. With iRig 2, you get an input gain dial that gives you the power to ensure high-quality sound in every situation. This means that you'll be able to perform at your best no matter whether you're connecting a wailing 3 humbucker electric guitar to your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or a jazzy archtop to your iPhone 6.
Likewise, its 1/4” instrument input works with your guitar, bass or any line-level instrument. Just plug into it like you would into a stompbox or amplifier. It’s as simple as that.
The universal mobile guitar interface
Beyond its iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac support, iRig 2 also offers complete compatibility with Samsung's new line of Samsung Professional Audio devices. That means you can play and process with the full power of AmpliTube for Samsung Pro Audio with your Galaxy Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy Edge, Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S6.
Plus iRig 2 now also offers compatibility with Android 5 devices. As the most convenient way to bring a guitar signal into a mobile device, it lets musicians use the hundreds of available tuning and recording apps available, such as the forthcoming UltraTuner for Android.
- The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface
- 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other line instruments
- 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
- 1/8” headphone output
- Compact and lightweight design
- Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
- Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
- Comes with microphone stand Velcro strip
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE for iOS (free download on the App Store) and AmpliTube FREE for Samsung Pro Audio (free download on Samsung Galaxy Store), and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software