Boss Katana 50 Mark II Combo AmplifierKTN502
Boss Katana 50 Mark II Combo Amplifier
TAKING KATANA TO THE NEXT ECHELON
With more of the features you've been asking for, the Boss Katana 50 MkII reaches for new heights in tone, value and features. You now have double the amp voicings with newly voiced variations available for the five onboard amp models. The effects have also been given a boost, expanding from three to five categories, giving you more options to build unique sounds. A power amp input has been added - perfect for those working with modelers and multi-FX, whilst the updated editor software gives you more control than ever before.
Offering everything from boutique cleans, iconic vintage tones to the latest high-gain dirt, the Boss Katana 50 MKII will have you covered. There's even a voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar, which really makes the Katana MKII a dual purpose amp. The amp characters have been built on with new variations that give you more options that cover a wider sonic territory.
The Boss Katana 50 MKII puts the effects capabilities of a pedalboard right inside the amp. The independent booster, modulation, FX, Delay & Reverb sections are loaded with three variations in each, giving you 15 effects to choose from, straight out the box. If you want to dig deeper, just connect to BOSS Tone Studio to customize your tone with over 60 different effect types and 4 different chains.
Delivering genuine tube like output distortion using BOSS's Tube Logic approach, you'll feel the amp become more responsive as you turn it up. But before you annoy the neighbours, just flick the Katana 50 MKII's variable Power Control to drop down from 50 watts, to 25 watts, or even 0.5 of a watt. It's easy to get that cranked up tube amp tone at a volume you can handle, whether it's in the bedroom or the stage.
The Boss Katana 50 MKII can store four of your favourite tone settings directly onboard, ready to be instantly recalled when you need them. A quick button hold is all that is required to save to your desired memory location. You can easily connect external footswitches for hands free recall live on stage.
If you love to lay down some tracks in the studio, the Katana 50 MKII is for you. Featuring a USB and phones/recording output, you'll be recording great tones in no time. The mic'd cabinet emulation settings help to get you mix-ready tones straight to your computer or headphones. Three different Air Feel settings are also available via Boss Tone Studio, helping to shape your direct sound further. Many of the Katana's effects are in stereo, and the USB output is also stereo, allowing you to capture spacious reverbs and delays in all their stereo glory direct to your computer DAW.
The BOSS Tone Studio software has been given a refresh to match the amp. The interface has been updated and parameters consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. It's easy to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal thanks to the dedicated Pedal FX category. Finally, you can import your custom patches from your 1st Gen Katana, to get all of your favourite pre-built tones on the Katana 50 MKII.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central