Specced by us here at Guitar Brothers, and handmade by Fender's Custom Shop in Corona, this 'Bad Brothers' Stratocaster is a totally unique -a limited edition of 1.
It's a '63 'New Old Stock' Stratocaster, in 3-Tone Sunburst. There's possibly not a more iconic image of guitar than this- The '63 with a perfect sunburst.
Think Buddy Holly, Dylan, Clapton, Harrison, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rory Gallagher (although not such a perfect sunburst on those ones!). You get the idea.
This guitar was handbuilt by the masters in the Custom Shop, and although finished to '63 perfection, it has a few contemporary refinements as well. The fingerboard has a speedy and comfortable compound radius, with means effortless, accurate bends, the electronics are modern hand-wired and there are three Texas Specials sitting in there, so the versatility of this Strat is unmatched.
We also have to mention the finish one last time. The sunburst is absolutely, flawlessly gorgeous, and a real testament to the craftsmen in the spray shop.
And of course like all Bad Brothers guitars, it's a one-off.
- NOS Finish - "New Old Stock" means it's brand new, back as if you'd bought it back in the 50s or 60s. Imagine time travelling back then and purchasing it - It's made as old style parts/finish but is brand new.
- Alder body
- Custom Stamped 'Bad Brothers' Heal Plate
- Neck pickup - Texas Special NOS
- Middle Pickup - Texas Special Mid
- Bridge Pickup - Texas Special Brg
- Custom Shop Vintage Bridge
- 4 bolt neck
- Lacquer Body finish
- 21 Fret - '63 Strat Oval 'C' NOS Neck
- Maple Neck, 'AAA' Rosewood fingerboard
- Fret wire - Narrow Tall/6105
- 7.25 - 9.5 Compound Radius Fretboard
- Modern Strat Wiring
- Strings - 10-46
- Fender Custom Shop Case in Brown
- Serial number - "GB0009"