The D11 is the top of Cordoba's new Acero line, a line of all-solid steel strings approached from a classical or Spanish guitar building perspective. Most notably, Cordoba is using an integrated neck joint or Spanish Heel instead of a traditional dovetail joint to join the body and neck of the guitar. This method of construction offers a lighter weight and more stable heel joint that increases resonance and is less prone to movement as the guitar ages. The bracing pattern is a hybrid of a Torres-style Spanish fan pattern and X-bracing, and allows the top to move freely with an explosive attack and rich resonant tone.
The D11 dreadnought features all solid acacia for the back and sides which give it a clear, bright tone, and distinctive figured appearance. The D11 also features a solid Sitka spruce top along with a beautiful ebony fingerboard and rosewood bridge and binding. The styling is refined and sleek, using Acacia wood on the double ring rosette and 12th fret fingerboard inlays, capped off with Cordobas signature elevated headstock with a rosewood strip and mother-of-pearl inlay. The finish is a thinly applied high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. Other features include a TUSQ nut and saddle, gold Grover tuners, Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge (.012-.053) strings, and a Cordoba deluxe archtop wood case with built-in HumiCase humidification.
- Solid acacia for the back and sides
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Ebony fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge and binding
- Acacia wood on the double ring rosette
- 12th fret fingerboard inlays
- Elevated headstock with a rosewood strip and mother-of-pearl inlay
- Thinly applied high-gloss Nitrocellulose lacquer
- TUSQ nut and saddle
- Gold Grover tuners
- Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge (.012-.053) strings
- Cordoba deluxe archtop wood case with built in HumiCase humidification